Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Evolution of my new large painting, Work in progress

First I begin with laying the linework in harsh box like patterns trying to determing where this painting will take me.

Next I begin a bit of softening those box shape patterns and working out not only my palette but the color scheme.



I then work on the "flow" of the painting and try to focus on the "forms" within the painting.


Next I begin to "paint out" portions and forms and now am beginning to think it is missing something huge.

P.S. When I asked my 5 year old what he thought it was missing, his response was, "I think you should paint a picture of Tony Hawk right in the middle." Now that is something huge! Stay tuned for more! Meg

2 comments:

Joshua & Lindsay said...

is that the profile of a face in there? i see one, but am not sure if it's intended or not. if so, what is it looking at? perhaps that could be brought out? or not!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful works Meghan! :) Thanks for sharing with us!
*HUGS*