Friday, November 24, 2006

Making Original Art Affordable!




Annually, I travel to the quaint town I grew up in, Walhalla, SC, to be a part of the Walhalla Civic Auditorium Showcase of Artists. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful, charming holiday exhibition. The Showcase features artists and craftspeople from all over the world during the holiday season. The Showcase is to support the Holiday "Tour of Homes" for historic downtown Walhalla. It is such a beautiful, quiet german town with the famous "Steakhouse."
Each year, I try to create small works that are afordable to most everyone so that I can extend an offer of quality, original fine art to anyone with $10 in their pocket. I even go further to make sure they will fit in standard frames and matboards. This way the customer won't take it home and place it on the dining room table and never actually have their original, signed artwork professionally framed and hung. They can just put it in a frame found most anywhere and hang as soon as they get home. Original art is also such a wonderful idea for a holiday gift. Just thought I would share some of the small Sgraffito paintings I have done recently in preperation for the show. The paintings are acrylic on 4x6 Metallic Wallcovering with pencil. For more, please visit:
Link

No comments: